History of the School

The school was built in 1949 by O ‘Leary Builders Fermoy and was originally a coal fired three roomed building. Pupils from the old school, which was situated in the present Church grounds, entered the school with their three teachers in September 1949.

In the 1970’s the school was extended to include two new classrooms and a general-purpose room. Two cloakrooms, an office, toilets and a boiler house were also added to the school at this time.

As the school’s population increased, two prefabs were installed in 2006 and 2008. In 2010 the first of the school’s programme of extension began. By June 2018 this programme was completed and resulted in the addition of five classrooms, a new link corridor, two-support rooms and staff room .The office was refurbished to provide a multi-sensory room and two new offices were also added. At the same time the yard to the rear of the school was resurfaced and an all weather pitch was installed.

Currently there are 230 pupils enrolled in the school. We have nine class teachers, five Special Education teachers and an Administrative Principal. There are four Special Needs Assistants, a secretary and caretaker also employed in the school.

Oct 26
2020
Autumn Mid Term
Dec 22
2020
Christmas Holidays
Feb 18
2021
Spring Mid Term
Mar 17
2021
St. Patrick's Day
30-Sep-2020
Senior Infants made a terrific start to the new academic year. They engaged in fun and active learning activities.
Main St, Killeagh Gardens, Killeagh, Co. Cork
024 952 50
Enquire
Location
© 2020 St Fergal's N.S.